We at My Pure Aesthetics want you to have the best possible results from your lip injections. Have a read of the below do’s and don’ts before getting your lip enhancements so you can achieve your aesthetic goals. We want you to love them, so help us, to help you!
Lip injections DO’s:
- In the consultation, DO let the practitioner know if you have previously suffered from cold sores.
- DO drink plenty of water. A high level of water intake will increase your body’s ability to heal.
- DO Take into consideration recovery time for the swelling/bruising to go down. This could take up to a week and this is completely normal. So if you have a big event you want to look your best for, we at My Pure Aesthetics suggest having your lip injections done at least two weeks before.
- DO bring an example of what you want to achieve, this will be very helpful for the practitioner.
- DO be realistic with your expectations. For drastic changes as big as Kylie Jenner’s transformation, treatment should not be done in one session, this was most likely done in multiple sessions, spaced out over a period of time.
- DO prepare for a little discomfort. The lips are a very sensitive area and although dermal-fillers used for lip injections have numbing properties contained, you are still likely to feel slight pain.
- DO use ice afterwards. Using ice directly after the treatment will help with the bruising and using ice later during the day will help with swelling.
- DO wait about two weeks to get a good idea of what your results will look like. By this time, if you had any bruising or swelling, this should have settle down.
- DO take Arnica pills. We recommend starting to take Arnica three days before treatment as it can help decrease bruising and swelling. Arnica is a homepathtic supplement.
Lip Injections Don’ts:
- Before treatment, DON’T use anti-inflammatory medications as these cause blood to thin, increasing the risk of bruising and bleeding at the point of where the injection enters the skin. Examples are: Aspirin, Aleve, Ibuprofen, Advil.
- After treatment, DON’T massage lips unless you experience any lumpiness in the implantation area it can be gently massaged to help smooth this out otherwise the area should not be touched as you may affect the amount of volume achieved and can also move the filler causing disproportion and undesirable results.
- DON’T expect your lip fillers to last forever. Usually lip enhancements need topping up between 6-9months or maybe sooner.
- After your treatment, DON’T sleep flat. Having your head slightly elevated will keep the swelling down.
- DON’T exercise for atleast 24 hours after the treatment. Increased blood flow to your face can increase inflammation to the area treated.