Fat Dissolving Injections - Aqualyx
As an incredible alternative to liposuction, Aqualyx® offers a non-surgical and relatively painless way to shift unwanted pockets of fat.
Aqualyx® works by liquifying targeted fat cells, which are then naturally removed by the body’s lymphatic system.
The specialised elastic needle used by our clinicians allows for pinpoint precision while making the treatment more comfortable for the client.
Our fat dissolving injections are extremely popular, and are perfect for targeting areas like the outer thighs, love handles, and underarms.
As the fat cells are completely destroyed, the results are long-lasting. Though it’s important that the client continues exercising and eating well to prevent new fat from forming in the target areas.
The pain of the treatment is fairly minimal with the help of topical anaesthetic pre-procedure.
Depending on the volume of fat in your target areas, you’ll generally need to repeat the treatment 2-8 times, every 3-4 weeks.
Aqualyx® requires minimal downtime and doesn’t involve any of the risks associated with surgical procedures or general anaesthetics.
Aqualyx® is one of the best alternative non-surgical solution available to clients who do not wish to go under the knife (surgical Lipo-suction).
we use AQUALYX® for a range of treatments including;
- Chin (Double Chin including Jaw Line)
- Flanks and Waist
- Inner and Outer Thighs
- Love Handles
- Underarms and Under Bra Area
DURATION OF EFFECT
Aqualyx® is used to permanently reduce the fatty tissue and once removed, fat cells will not reappear unless the patient gains weight. The number of sessions required can vary between two and eight sessions according to the characteristics of the treated area with three to four weeks interval to achieve desired results.
Frequently Asked Question
What is Aqualyx® used for?
It used for Aqualysis or Aquaplasty treatment to reduce localised, stubborn fat deposits in areas such as the chin, stomach, outer and inner thighs, hips, knees etc.
How quickly will I see results?
A reduction in fat deposits can usually be seen after just one treatment, however between three and eight sessions are required to see the optimal effect. The speed at which results are seen will vary depending on the stability of the cell membranes; younger patients are more likely to results after a longer period. Results may vary from physician to physician and case by age.
Who is the treatment suitable for?
It is suitable for patients who do not want the more invasive liposuction or laser lipo treatments, who do not have large amounts of fat to remove and who are over 18 years and under 60 years of age. The treatment is not suitable for pregnant or lactating women or those with a pathological condition.
Is the treatment suitable for overweight patients as a weight loss method?
No, Aqualyx® and Aqualysis are aimed at reducing stubborn pockets of fat.
What are the potential downsides of Aqualyx?
Aqualyx isn’t without its side effects, however Minimal side effects have been reported globally since its introduction, but patients can expect a little skin irritation, bruising and oedema, which will ease after 4-6 days.
Possible side effects could be, swelling, inflammation redness, oedema, erythema, itching and slight discomfort etc. This may persist for a few days. Although not very common, It’s also possible you could have an allergic reaction to one or more of the substances present in Aqualyx.For example, nettle rash, bronchial asthma, symptoms of shock, hyperpigmentation if the treatment areas are exposed to the sun immediately afterwards.
If at all possible, please arrive makeup free.
Please avoid the following 48 hours before injections to help avoid bruising.
- Prescription medicines to thin the blood such as Warfarin, Clexane, Fragmin and Heparin. ALWAYS ask your doctor first prior to stopping these medications as they may be being prescribed to prevent dangerous blood clots in your body.
- Over the counter medicines that thin the blood such as aspirin or aspirin-like products (e.g. Advil, ibuprofen, Nurofen, Motrin). This includes medications/ anti inflammatories that relieve pain due to headache, arthritis, and menstrual cramps..
- Herbal supplements and vitamins that thin the blood, such as Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, Feverfew, Ginseng, Red Clover, Fish oil, and garlic supplements. We advise you to stop taking your multi-vitamin also if it contains more than 40 IU (units) of vitamin E.
- It is advisable that you do not touch the area for 6 hours.
- Do not apply make up for approximately 6 hours. After that, the area can be gently cleansed and clean light make-up can be applied.
- Avoid exposure to UV, extreme heat for 48 hours i.e. sauna, steam rooms, hot shower, sun beds etc. as this may increase discomfort and swelling.
- Do not work-out for 48 hours after your procedure as it can cause migration of filler. We recommend waiting at least a week after dermal fillers before doing any strenuous exercise. All strenuous exercise should be avoided, but it’s also recommended to avoid yoga as inverted positions, such as headstands, could also increase the risk of bruising and swelling.
- Although drinking alcohol won’t impact on the long-term results of having dermal fillers, it can increase bruising and swelling. Consuming alcohol a day or two before or after a procedure could increase the likelihood of bruising and swelling in some patients.
- Avoid smoking for 48 hours
How much does Aqualyx® cost?
Please refer back to our pricing page click here
If you have any questions about Aqualyx® Fat Dissolving Injections, or would like to know more about our other treatments, please email email@example.com